So in case you missed it, my first 50 Ways to Kill a Character was the most successful blog post I’ve ever written (and to be honest, I wrote it half as a joke for my own sanity.) Now that I have 5 books and counting under my belt, I decided it was time to make a part II. Read on, brave writers, and make sure you subscribe to my blog for more writer tips and support like this list!
Remember, not all of these are applicable, but hopefully get some of your brain cells thinking. Let me know which ones you find useful!
- Automobile + (Insert other vehicle not commonly used here)
- Train decoupling
- Aggressive Automatic Doors
- Malfunctioning Airship Gasbag
- Malfunctioning Airship
- Malfunctioning…well, anything really.
- Heart attack brought on by fast food
- Splinter Infection
- Spy-Cyanide Capsule
- Assassinated by an ex-lover
- Dive Bomb Gone Wrong
- Poorly timed cavalry charge
- Pedestrian Accident
- Strong winds and an umbrella
- Industrial Sized Fan – Need I say more?
- Falling Stage Light/Prop
- Trip into a hedge-clipper
- Attempting to crowd surf
- Carrying out your recycling
- Bringing in those 10 bags of groceries in one trip.
- Strangled by your sheets
- Water Heater Turned up to Maximum
- Magical Bracelet for the opposite sex
- Steroid/Medical Malpractice
- Hair Fashion Gone Wrong
- Falling Bookshelves
- Falling Television
- Exploding electronics
- Wing Failure
- Poisoned Aardvark
- Battery Ingestion
- Paper Cut to the Gut!
- Epic, 20 minute long battle where the victor dies due to a wound he took in minute one.
- Self-Publishing Disagreement
- Lost in a Library
- Wallpapered in a Muesum
- Entombed in the Vatican (or elsewhere for that matter.)
- Pokemon Go (Need I say more?)
- Any other Augmented Reality Application
- Dancing Disasters at home or abroad
- A series of Unfortunate, unconnected, quite sad events
- Network Neutering
- Becoming a Bodyguard to an Infamous Person
- Stamps. Always beware of stamps
- Crotchet Needles in the hands of your angry downstairs neighbor
- Those annoying yipping, bloodthirsty dogs upstairs
- Power Surge
- Replacing your windows without a ladder.
- Wrong Place at the Wrong Time
- As always, a dashing swordfight where our heroine discovers she really wasn’t as well trained as she thought, and the man she is trying to rescue might have had a few too many cold ones to help out.
Thanks! Let me know what you think! Ciao!
11 thoughts on “50 Ways to Kill a Character Part II”
Self-publishing disagreement? That could play out any number of ways.
Very amusing 🙂 I don’t intend to kill a MC off but your blog title caught my attention. Well actually after I wrote that I thought wait a minute I did kill a character off at the beginning of my story. He wasn’t a MC really he was just a means to an end-blown up by an IED-that one wasn’t to amusing- especially not in the world we live in today. See ya around.
Lavender Black must go… and I may use one of these.
Remember to cover up all evidence of the crime 😉
I meant for a writing project….
Thanks! My character is now going to have a gruesome death by her own sheets. This is perfect for my writing homework.
Glad to help!
These all sound like deaths from Supernatural…
Comments are closed.