Had a terrible case of writer’s block the last few days (Okay, weeks. I think Lisa, the publisher of Antioch Burns, was having conniption fits.) But seriously, nothing was working. I was really unfocused and could not connect one idea to another. So how did I break it? Well, I think it’s a combination of factors, but here’s what I’ve got so far.
- Got a lot of sleep (seriously, a tired brain doesn’t always think straight)
- Stayed up late (in opposition to the prior one, I stayed up late once I finally broke through!)
- Listened to classical music from Kingdom Of Heaven.
- Alternatively, you could have also watched scenes from that, or any other movie/film connected to your genre.
- Went for a walk. Without the iPod.
- Drove home without listening to the radio. (Both E and F make you think, because you have nothing to distract you.)
- Text/Phone a friend (Who recommend I go for a walk. Thanks Lys!)
Breaking through netted me a sweet 1k words in Antioch Burns, plus a long range pat on the back from my publisher. 🙂 Anywho, short posting today. What else do you do to defeat writer’s block?