I’ve realized that setting goals is a big part of why I wrote Brass Legionnaire. At first, I just wanted to finish a few chapters, then the novel. Then I wanted to publish it. Now that the book is finished and just awaiting the last few illustrations and formatting needs, what’s next? I’ve put together a list of personal goals that I hope to accomplish by the end of the summer of 2012 – IE August 21st or so, the start of the new school year.
By June 1st
- Brass Legionnaire Published
- Book Webpage Running
- 125 followers on Twitter (currently at 77!)
- 50 Facebook Likes (Currently at 12)
- At least one blog interview done.
- Have at least Four chapters of Copper Centurion complete
- Post at least 3x a week here on the blog!
By July 1st
- 150 Twitter followers
- 75 Facebook Likes
- At least 3-4 Blog interviews done
- Run at least one giveaway on Goodreads with my novel for reviews
- Finish at least ten chapters of Copper Centurion.
By August 1st
- 175 Twitter Followers
- 100 Facebook Likes
- At least 4-5 Blog interviews/guest posts done.
- Perhaps run a second Goodreads/Facebook giveaway?
- Get audiobook component started.
- Have at least half of Copper Centurion completed.
By September 1st (End of summer)
- Have editing and cover art for Copper Centurion lined up.
- Continue to guest blog/post.
- Post 3x a week.
- Complete all Kickstarter rewards.
Obviously, a lot to do, but I think I’ve set both reasonable and doable goals. I can reach the social media goals by adding less than one person a day to twitter and Facebook, which, in my experience, is an accessible target. Did I leave anything out? 🙂
Brass Legionnaire is looking to drop Mid-May 2012!